Sunday, February 22, 2009

Still Here. At least I think I am.

Okay, for the THREE of you who actually read this blog and care, I will give you a brief update on my life as I am currently experiencing it.

1. Over the last couple of weeks I have decided to start a new counseling practice in Meridian. I have spent the last week shopping for office stuff, and sending my personal assistant (aka: husband) to paint the walls, assemble furniture, and pick up needed items. He did an excellent job by the way. He can do all of this stuff for me because he is still laid off from his job. We had an open house at my new office last night which we had to leave abruptly (you'll have to read #4 to find out why.) So, I am effectively working two jobs at the moment. One I am trying to build, and one I am trying to work my way out of. Neither one are as easy as they should be.

2. I am trying to study for my next counselor licensure exam. It is the scariest thing I have every faced as far as taking tests goes. It is a monster! I am scheduled to take the test on Saturday, March 7th. Which by the way, as my husband JUST informed me, is the one Saturday he has to be in class. The exam is four hours long and my future business (and an additional $185) depends on me passing this thing.

3. I agreed to do an independent study for a student at George Fox a long time ago. Just happens that it needs to be done while #1 and #2 are happening.

4. Micah took his fourth trip to the Urgent Care/ER last night. I guess being dropped on his head didn't cause to much damage. "Didn't hurt me none, just hit me on the head." It had to happen during aforementioned open house. What a way to make a great first impression! Yikes.

5. I joined a gym and have been working out EVERYDAY. Everyday until Saturday hit that is. I am going to bed now so I can actually get up at 5:00am and not hate the rest of the day.

There, consider yourself updated. I have not fallen off the face of the earth, but I have considered it. Trust me.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I was wondering why you weren't reading my blog everyday anymore. Good for you Mel! SO glad you decided to go for it! Did you set up in the place down the street?

Hope you are doing well despite the stress of 2 jobs and head traumas. Love ya!

Alexis said...

Well all three of us missed you! Thanks for the update, and for the excuse to add you to my daily... no, hourly prayer list! Love ya friend, and I'm constantly amazed at the stuff you decide to take on. You go girl!

Dick Daring said...

Fan-freakout-tastic! Now that all three of us are here, let me be the last of us to say, "HOLD FAST>" love ya!!!!!